The Richmond Zine Fest is a safer space, which means that it is intended to be a welcoming, engaging and supportive environment free of oppressive actions, behaviors, and language. Participants and attendees are asked to consider how their language and behavior impacts others in attendance.
The Richmond Zine Fest is a sober, all ages event.
Service animals are welcome, but other animals are not.
The following guidelines will help RZF be a safer space:
- Respect peoples’ physical and emotional boundaries.
- Always ask before taking pictures, video or audio recording of people at the Richmond Zine Fest or sponsored events.
- Always get explicit verbal consent before touching someone or crossing boundaries.
- Respect peoples’ opinions, beliefs, differing states of being and differing points of view.
- Be responsible for your actions, and aware that they may have an effect on others regardless of original intent.
- The following actions and forms of discrimination and abuse will not be tolerated:
– Racism, sexism, classism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia, and all other forms of discrimination
– Theft of money or stuff
– Physical, verbal, or mental abuse
– Sexual harassment, inappropriate/unwelcome comments and behaviors
– Disruptive or disrespectful behavior
– Causing a participant or attendee to feel distressed or unsafe
The RZF staff reserves the right to ask any attendees who are violating the safer space policy to change or address their unsafe behavior or language, or leave the event if needed.
The Zine Fest Organizers are only responsible for what happens at our events. We are not liable for or able to mediate outside issues.
Should an issue arise at Richmond Zine Fest or a RZF sponsored event, we encourage you to approach any Zine Fest Organizer to address the issue.
We will do our best to deal with any issues as they arise, immediately or at a later time depending on the situation. You are also welcome to get in touch with us at a later time if that makes you more comfortable. We can be emailed at: [email protected]
We hope everyone has a great time at the Richmond Zine Fest and all RZF sponsored events. We do our best to organize an inclusive, positive, DIY, zine-tastic event and to build that culture all year long.